Mathematics » Kindergarten » Operations and Algebraic Thinking
Iowa Core Mathematics Documents
- Iowa Core Mathematics (pdf)
- Iowa Core Mathematics (doc)
- Iowa Core Mathematics with DOK (pdf)
- Iowa Core Mathematics with DOK (doc)
Iowa Core Mathematics Support - Resources to support Iowa Core Mathematics.
Standards in this domain:
Understand addition as putting together and adding to, and understand subtraction as taking apart and taking from.
- K.OA.A.1 Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings1, sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations.
- K.OA.A.2 Solve addition and subtraction word problems, and add and subtract within 10, e.g., by using objects or drawings to represent the problem.
- K.OA.A.3 Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs in more than one way, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record each decomposition by a drawing or equation (e.g., 5 = 2 + 3 and 5 = 4 + 1).
- K.OA.A.4 For any number from 1 to 9, find the number that makes 10 when added to the given number, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record the answer with a drawing or equation.
- K.OA.A.5 Fluently add and subtract within 5.
1 Drawings need not show details, but should show the mathematics in the problem. (This applies wherever drawings are mentioned in the Standards.)