On this page...
What are the essential features of mediation?
- it is a voluntary process
- it is intended to resolve disputes in the early stage of disagreement
- an impartial mediator facilitates the meeting
- the goal: a mutually agreeable solution for both parties
- once a resolution is reached, a legally binding agreement is written
- a "shepherd" is assigned to help ensure implementation of the agreement
Preparing for a Mediation
This brochure provides a brief overview of what to expect during a mediation:
Here is the process that is followed when a mediation conference is requested:
This is the form parents should use to request a mediation conference: