Annual "Best of the Best" Bus Technician's Training and Competition
On this page...
This event recognizes school bus technicians/mechanics for the important role they play in school transportation. The “Best Of The Best Training and Competition” includes a ½ day of training, followed by a written knowledge exam plus a "hands on" competition to determine the "best of the best" in Iowa. The 2014 event was held at Hawkeye Community College in Waterloo on June 12, 2014 and was sponsored by School Bus Sales of Waterloo. The winner of the competition will represent Iowa in the national competition held in November at the National Association for Pupil Transportation (NAPT) Summit in Kansas City, Missouri. The national winner will then receive an award at the NAPT awards banquet This was truly an enjoyable and fun experience for all school bus technicians entered in the event. And congratulations to the 2014 Iowa winner, Mike Ehrlich of Western Dubuque Schools! Good luck in Kansas City at the national championship!
2014 Best of the Best Iowa Champion
Mike Ehrlich - Western Dubuque Community School District
- 2014 Mike Ehrlich, Western Dubuque Community School District
- 2013 Kevin Settle, Western Dubuque Community School District
- 2012 John Maxwell, Dallas-Center-Grimes Community School District
- 2011 William Ostrander, Johnston Community School District
- 2010 William Ostrander, Johnston Community School District
- 2009 Kevin Talley, Southeast Polk Community School District