Education Events - School Meals
What's New in School Nutrition Webinar Series
- Monday, February 26th 2-3pm - Professional Standards and Tracking
- Monday, March 26th 2-3pm - Team Nutrition
- Monday, April 23rd 2-3pm - Farm to School and Procurement
- Monday, May 21st 2-3pm - New Year Memo and Financial Report for Non-Publics
School Meal Program Training Opportunities
Iowa Department of Education's Bureau of Nutrition and Health Services and Iowa State University Extension and Outreach are partnering to hold school meal trainings in Summer 2018. For more information contact Jean Easley at email@example.com. Course descriptions and registration can be found at: https://register.extension.iastate.edu/schoolfoods
- Procurement Basics (June 5): An introduction to school nutrition procurement. Learn the basic elements of an effective procurement system. Location: ISU - Scheman Building
- ServSafe (June 19): Learn current best practices related to food safety needed for school nutrition programs. Successful completion of exam administered at end of class meets Certified Food Protection Manager requirements. Location: ISU - Scheman Building
- HACCP 101 (June 20): Learn foundational knowledge about a school food safety program based on Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Principles and ways to improve your district's HACCP plan. Location: ISU - Scheman Building
- Manager Update (June 28): Updates on school nutrition program regulations and best practices. Location: Courtyard Marriott - Ankeny
- Healthy School Meals (July 31 - August 1): Increase your knowledge and provide practical tips for planning and delivering menus that meet school nutrition meal pattern requirements and students' expectations.
- New Manager Orientation (July 31 - August 2): Learn expectations for management of school nutrition programs and network with other new managers (with less than three years of experience). Day 1 and 2 are held in conjunction with the Healthy Meals Workshop. Location: ISU - FFA Enrichment Center Ankeny
Team Up for Nutrition Success
Team Up for School Nutrition Success is a unique learning experience that provides tailored technical assistance for school nutrition professionals developed by USDA and the Institute of Child Nutrition. Team Up trainings use best practice panel presentations and a peer mentor-based model. School Nutrition Association of Iowa will be holding a Team Up training on June 11th, prior to the School Nutrition of Iowa Conference at the Mid-America Center in Council Bluffs. The target audience is Managers and Small District Directors. For more information, contact Shelley Mohr at firstname.lastname@example.org.