CACFP Online Trainings
How Do I Access the Online Trainings?
- Visit: http://ilopd.iowa.gov/course/index.php?categoryid=10
- Create an account on Iowa Learning Online Professional Development (if you have an account, you can skip this step). You will need to create a username and password.
- Select a course. Click the "Enroll me" button.
- If you have difficulties the system cannot address, send an email to email@example.com.
Certificates of Completion
- Completion of the demographic survey is required prior to receiving certificates.
- Certificates are available to download and/or print after the participant successfully completes a module.
- Participants completing the modules using a mobile device can use a screen shot of the certificate as documentation.
If you would like to track your trainings on the DHS Iowa Child Care Provider Training Registry an account is required. Click on "Search Trainings," under "Training Org," select "Child and Adult Care Food Program." Search for the training of interest and click the "Enroll" button. Once you have completed the online course Bureau staff will update your registration to document completion. If you need assistance registering with DHS, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Steps to Success
The Steps to Success Online Training Module covers basic CACFP administration. The CACFP authorized representative must complete all modules applicable to their organization. Other staff may register for one or more sessions. At least one person from new centers (the owner of for-profit organizations and authorized representative for all organizations) must complete all modules of the core workshop and any additional modules that pertain to the center. A test must be completed over each module with a score of 80% or higher in order to receive a certificate. The full list of required modules are included in the workshop flyer CACFP Steps to Success Workshops for Center Organizations Fiscal Year 2018.
Below are some of the modules available:
- Menu Planning (3 training credit hours)
- Food Production Records (1.5 training credit hours)
- Income Applications (1.5 training credit hours)
- Civil Rights (0.5 training credit hour)
- Infant Feeding and Recordkeeping (1 training credit hours)
- Infant Feeding Guide (2 training credit hours)
- Adult Care (0.5 training credit hours)
CACFP Wellness Courses
The following online training modules were developed through Team Nutrition grants for CACFP participants:
- New Meal Pattern Best Practices (1 training credit hour)
- Smarter Mealtime Scorecard (1 training credit hour)
- Farm to CACFP (1 training credit hour)
- Meaningful Mealtimes (1 training credit hour)
- Trying New Foods (1 training credit hour)
- Opportunities for Active Play (1 training credit hour)
- Nutrition Education (1 training credit hour)
- Healthy Menu Makeover (4 training credit hours)