CACFP Online Trainings
DHS credit is available for the following online trainings, however the participant must also register at https://ccmis.dhs.state.ia.us/trainingregistry/. If you need assistance registering with DHS, contact email@example.com for assistance.
How Do I Access the Online Trainings?
- Visit: http://ilopd.iowa.gov/course/index.php?categoryid=10
- Create an account on Iowa Learning Online (if you have an account, you can skip this step)
- How do I set up an account?
- You will need to create a username and password. The Moodle system will send a confirmation email to verify your account.
- Forgot your password? Utilize the password reminder link.
- If you have issues creating an account or logging in, try to use the prompts in the system to resolve the problem. If you have difficulties the system cannot address, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certificates of Completion
- Certificates are available to download and/or print after the participant successfully completes a module.
- If participants completes the modules using a mobile device, a screen shot of the certificate can serve as documentation.
CACFP Wellness Courses
The following online training modules were developed through Team Nutrition grants for CACFP participants:
- Enrollment key: pineapple
- Farm to CACFP (1 training credit hour)
- Meaningful Mealtimes (1 training credit hour)
- Trying New Foods (1 training credit hour)
- Opportunities for Active Play (1 training credit hour)
- Nutrition Education (1 training credit hour)
- Enrollment key: wholegrains
- Healthy Menu Makeover (4 training credit hours)
Steps to Success
This workshop covers basic CACFP administration. The CACFP authorized representative must complete all modules applicable to their organization. Other staff may register for one or more sessions. At least one person from new centers (the owner of for-profit organizations and authorized representative for all organizations) must complete all modules of the core workshop and any additional modules that pertain to the center. A test must be completed over each module with a score of 80% or higher in order to receive a certificate. The full list of required modules are included in the workshop flyer CACFP Steps to Success Workshops for Center Organizations Fiscal Year 2016.
Below are some of the modules available:
- Enrollment key: centers
- Menu Planning (1.5 training credit hours)
- Food Production Records (1.5 training credit hours)
- Income Applications (1.5 training credit hours)
- Civil Rights (0.5 training credit hour)
- Infant Feeding and Recordkeeping (1.25 training credit hours)
- Infant Feeding Guide (2 training credit hours)
- Adult Care (0.5 training credit hours)