On this page...
What is iEvaluate 1.2?
iEvaluate 1.2 is an online evaluator approval course that is approved by the Iowa Department of Education and the Board of Educational Examiners and provided in partnership with AEA PD Online. It provides beginning and experienced evaluators an opportunity to focus on the critical elements of an educator evaluation system in Iowa:
- Iowa’s model for Educator Quality (Chapter 83 of Iowa Administrative Rules)
- Knowledge & Skills of a Quality Evaluator and Attributes of Effective Evaluation System:
- Professional Educator Standards: Iowa Teaching Standards and Criteria (ITSC) / Iowa Standards for School Leaders (ISSL)
- Data & Information from Multiple Sources
- Formal & Informal Observations
- Coaching for Educator Excellences
- Professional Development for Improving Practice & Student Learning
Throughout the course, participants must complete a series of online assignments (e.g., forum discussions, reading, scenarios, reflecting, responding, observing, planning, videotaping, etc.) during the eight-week course.
Who May Enroll in iEvaluate 1.2?
- School administrators seeking renewal of an evaluator license
- School administrators from out-of-state seeking an Iowa administrator license
- School administrator prepared at colleges/universities outside of Iowa
- Athletic Directors
- Other school personnel with evaluation responsibilities and hold at least a current Iowa teaching license
Individuals seeking to renew their administrator license but not serving in an administrator capacity
Note: All administrator preparation programs in Iowa offer the necessary evaluator approval in their course sequence.
Cost of iEvaluate 1.2
The iEvaluate 1.2 courses cost $190.00 and paid to AEA PD Online when registering for the course. Course participants receive two (2) renewal credits upon successful completion of the course. AEA PD Online issues the transcripts based on final approval of the course instructor.
Note: An individual may apply for/renew an evaluator license up to one year before their evaluator/administrator license expiration date.
- 17-18A: July 24, 2017 to September 17, 2017
- 17-18B: August 14, 2017 to October 8, 2017
- 17-18C: September 4, 2017 to October 29, 2017
- 17-18D: September 25, 2017 to November 19, 2017
- 17-18E: October 16, 2017 to December 10, 2017
- 17-18F: January 8, 2018 to March 4, 2018
- 17-18G: January 29, 2018 to March 25, 2018
- 17-18H: February 19, 2018 to April 15, 2018
- 17-18I: March 12, 2018 to May 6, 2018
- 17-18J: April 2, 2018 to May 27, 2018
Participants may sign up directly through Heartland AEA's professional development page and pay online by credit card: (https://prodev.aeapdonline.org/4DCGI/YYYYYYYYYYYYYYswch).
If they wish to pay by check, mail in the form (https://prodev.aeapdonline.org/AEAPDOnlineRegistForm.pdf) with your check.
If you have questions about or problems with course registration, contact Shelley Christensen at Heartland AEA (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 515-270-0405 x14668 or 800-255-0405 x14668).