Comprehensive School Improvement Plan LEA
On this page...
The purpose of the Comprehensive School Improvement Plan (CSIP) is to chart the course for improved student learning. Through CSIP development, districts and schools will work collaboratively to review data, set goals, determine strategies or actions to accomplish goals, and evaluate the results. This process of continuous improvement focuses efforts on instructional improvement linked to student learning.
School districts and accredited nonpublic schools will develop, implement, and file with the department a comprehensive school improvement plan that includes, but is not limited to, demonstrated school, parental, and community involvement in assessing educational needs, establishing local education standards and student achievement levels. Iowa Code section 256.7
2016 Submission Requirements
This year’s submission will be done through the new Consolidated Accountability and Support Application (CASA). Additional information on this new application, including an informational webinar, can be found here. 2016 CSIPs must be submitted by close of business on Thursday, September 15, 2016.
An abbreviated CSIP has been developed as changes in Federal Legislation, Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), and changes in the required standardized assessment in Iowa are finalized. Note: Although the district should write additional learning goals to address needs in math, science, and locally determined indicators, this abbreviated CSIP will focus on PK-6 literacy goals.
The following components are required for submission:
- Comprehensive School Improvement Plan (CSIP) Questions - Printable copy of all required questions.
- CSIP Questions with Code References - Additional information to explain the source of each question.
- Mentoring and Induction for Beginning Administrators (public districts only) - Additional information and required template.
- Mentoring and Induction for Beginning Educators (public districts only) - Additional information and required template.
- Gifted and Talented Plan (public districts only) - Additional information and required template.