- 06/13/2016 Advisory: Iowa educators to explore new science standards June 15-17
- 06/10/2016 Modernization of career and technical education underway
- 06/08/2016 Advisory: State Board of Education retreat is June 9-10
- 05/26/2016 Sweeping legislation reforms career and technical education
- 05/10/2016 Advisory: State Board of Education meets Thursday, May 12
- 05/03/2016 Iowa’s high school graduation rate continues to climb
- 04/15/2016 Public input sought on literacy standards
- 04/07/2016 Iowa leads the nation in providing college-level coursework to high school students
- 03/29/2016 Advisory: State Board of Education meets Thursday, March 31
- 03/23/2016 Public input sought on providing support to Iowa students in high-need schools under new federal law
- 03/10/2016 Iowa Teacher of the Year nominations due April 25
- 03/04/2016 38 school districts added to Iowa’s teacher leadership system
- 02/19/2016 Iowa team to review literacy standards
- 01/27/2016 Iowans needed to help prevent child hunger in the summer
- 01/21/2016 Four Iowa schools honored for breaking education barriers
A monthly newsletter for school leaders distributed via email and posted to the Iowa Department of Education (DE) website.
The Education Statistics webpage has several reports and publications about Iowa's education system, including the following:
- Student Demographic Information
- Student Performance
- Staff Data
- Condition of Education Reports
- State Report Cards
- Non Student District Data
- Program Data
- Financial Data
The District and AEA Reports webpage provides specific information about local school districts. The DE has several reports allowing the user to choose a specific school district or a specific set information.
- Iowa School Report Card
- District and School Profile Reports - Includes, assessment results, demographic data, Finance Report Card, Annual Progress Report, and Consolidated School Improvement Plan.
- Annual Progress Reports (APR) AEA
The Iowa Department of Education provides regular updates and briefings during the Iowa legislative session on bills related to education in Iowa. Information about new bills, including names, numbers, content, sponsors and status in the legislative process are provided.