- 03/22/2018 Iowa public universities, community colleges work together to help students earn degrees
- 03/21/2018 Public input sought on computer science standards
- 02/28/2018 Applications sought for next Iowa Teacher of the Year
- 01/29/2018 Iowa sponsors needed to help prevent child hunger in the summer
- 01/25/2018 Annual reports on Iowa’s schools and community colleges are available
- 01/25/2018 Five Iowa schools honored for breaking education barriers
- 01/16/2018 Director Wise convenes state team to recommend computer science standards for schools
- 12/13/2017 Iowa School Report Card updated and released
- 12/11/2017 Iowa students selected for prestigious United States Senate Youth Program
- 12/05/2017 National report shows Iowa is No. 1 in graduation rates again
- 11/15/2017 State Board of Education adopts new fine arts standards for Iowa schools
- 11/08/2017 Gov. Reynolds announces 2018 Iowa Teacher of the Year
- 11/01/2017 Iowa makes progress in expanding computer science opportunities for students
- 09/28/2017 Iowa Department of Education announces winning bid for new statewide assessments
- 09/21/2017 Gov. Reynolds proclaims Sept. 24-30 Iowa Adult Education and Family Literacy Week
A monthly newsletter for school leaders distributed via email and posted to the Iowa Department of Education (DE) website.
The Education Statistics webpage has several reports and publications about Iowa's education system, including the following:
- Student Demographic Information
- Student Performance
- Staff Data
- Condition of Education Reports
- State Report Cards
- Non Student District Data
- Program Data
- Financial Data
The Online Reports webpage provides specific information about local school districts. The DE has several reports allowing the user to choose a specific school district or a specific set information.
- Iowa School Report Card
- Iowa Postsecondary Readiness Reports
- Iowa Condition of Education Report
- District and School Profile Reports - Includes, assessment results, demographic data, Finance Report Card, Annual Progress Report, and Consolidated School Improvement Plan.
- Annual Progress Reports (APR) AEA
The Iowa Department of Education provides regular updates and briefings during the Iowa legislative session on bills related to education in Iowa. Information about new bills, including names, numbers, content, sponsors and status in the legislative process are provided.