- 10/27/2016 Gov. Branstad, Lt. Gov. Reynolds announce 2017 Iowa Teacher of the Year
- 10/11/2016 Draft social studies standards released, public review set for November
- 10/11/2016 Director Wise announces Statewide Assessment Advisory Committee
- 09/28/2016 Five Iowa schools named National Blue Ribbon Schools
- 09/20/2016 Public input sought on Every Student Succeeds Act
- 09/15/2016 Iowa educators named state finalists for nation's highest honor in math, science teaching
- 09/06/2016 Iowa History Advisory Council issues recommendations on Iowa history education
- 09/01/2016 Director Wise announces Sector Partnership Leadership Council
- 08/16/2016 Director Wise announces Every Student Succeeds Act Advisory Committee
- 08/02/2016 Advisory: State Board of Education meets Thursday, Aug. 4
- 06/13/2016 Advisory: Iowa educators to explore new science standards June 15-17
- 06/10/2016 Modernization of career and technical education underway
- 06/08/2016 Advisory: State Board of Education retreat is June 9-10
- 05/26/2016 Sweeping legislation reforms career and technical education
- 05/10/2016 Advisory: State Board of Education meets Thursday, May 12
A monthly newsletter for school leaders distributed via email and posted to the Iowa Department of Education (DE) website.
The Education Statistics webpage has several reports and publications about Iowa's education system, including the following:
- Student Demographic Information
- Student Performance
- Staff Data
- Condition of Education Reports
- State Report Cards
- Non Student District Data
- Program Data
- Financial Data
The District and AEA Reports webpage provides specific information about local school districts. The DE has several reports allowing the user to choose a specific school district or a specific set information.
- Iowa School Report Card
- District and School Profile Reports - Includes, assessment results, demographic data, Finance Report Card, Annual Progress Report, and Consolidated School Improvement Plan.
- Annual Progress Reports (APR) AEA
The Iowa Department of Education provides regular updates and briefings during the Iowa legislative session on bills related to education in Iowa. Information about new bills, including names, numbers, content, sponsors and status in the legislative process are provided.