- 12/13/2017 Iowa School Report Card updated and released
- 12/11/2017 Iowa students selected for prestigious United States Senate Youth Program
- 12/05/2017 National report shows Iowa is No. 1 in graduation rates again
- 11/15/2017 State Board of Education adopts new fine arts standards for Iowa schools
- 11/08/2017 Gov. Reynolds announces 2018 Iowa Teacher of the Year
- 11/01/2017 Iowa makes progress in expanding computer science opportunities for students
- 09/28/2017 Iowa Department of Education announces winning bid for new statewide assessments
- 09/21/2017 Gov. Reynolds proclaims Sept. 24-30 Iowa Adult Education and Family Literacy Week
- 09/19/2017 Iowa educators named state finalists for nation's highest honor in math, science teaching
- 09/18/2017 Iowa Department of Education submits ESSA plan to U.S. Department of Education
- 09/13/2017 Iowa’s History Teacher of the Year named
- 09/07/2017 Iowa Department of Education Director Ryan Wise named NASBE Policy Leader of the Year
- 08/17/2017 Third draft of Iowa’s ESSA plan released for public review
- 08/14/2017 Advisory: State Board of Education to hold conference call meeting on Aug. 16
- 08/01/2017 Advisory: State Board of Education meets Thursday, Aug. 3
A monthly newsletter for school leaders distributed via email and posted to the Iowa Department of Education (DE) website.
The Education Statistics webpage has several reports and publications about Iowa's education system, including the following:
- Student Demographic Information
- Student Performance
- Staff Data
- Condition of Education Reports
- State Report Cards
- Non Student District Data
- Program Data
- Financial Data
The District and AEA Reports webpage provides specific information about local school districts. The DE has several reports allowing the user to choose a specific school district or a specific set information.
- Iowa School Report Card
- District and School Profile Reports - Includes, assessment results, demographic data, Finance Report Card, Annual Progress Report, and Consolidated School Improvement Plan.
- Annual Progress Reports (APR) AEA
The Iowa Department of Education provides regular updates and briefings during the Iowa legislative session on bills related to education in Iowa. Information about new bills, including names, numbers, content, sponsors and status in the legislative process are provided.