- 04/26/2017 Iowa review team recommends new social studies standards
- 04/13/2017 Input sought on fine arts standards
- 04/11/2017 Iowa’s high school graduation rate reaches new high of 91.3%
- 04/04/2017 Iowa Teacher of the Year nominations due April 28
- 03/09/2017 Iowa schools’ reading efforts are making progress
- 02/16/2017 Iowa team to develop fine arts standards for schools
- 01/31/2017 Iowans needed to help prevent child hunger in the summer
- 01/19/2017 Five Iowa schools honored for breaking education barriers
- 01/12/2017 Iowa School Report Card updated and released with new features
- 01/06/2017 Input sought on first draft of Iowa’s Every Student Succeeds Act plan
- 12/20/2016 January statewide meetings set on the Every Student Succeeds Act
- 12/08/2016 Input sought on draft social studies standards
- 12/06/2016 Interim study of Iowa’s teacher leadership system shows positive results
- 11/16/2016 State Board of Education begins process of adopting new science assessment
- 11/16/2016 State Board of Education adopts minimal revisions to literacy standards
A monthly newsletter for school leaders distributed via email and posted to the Iowa Department of Education (DE) website.
The Education Statistics webpage has several reports and publications about Iowa's education system, including the following:
- Student Demographic Information
- Student Performance
- Staff Data
- Condition of Education Reports
- State Report Cards
- Non Student District Data
- Program Data
- Financial Data
The District and AEA Reports webpage provides specific information about local school districts. The DE has several reports allowing the user to choose a specific school district or a specific set information.
- Iowa School Report Card
- District and School Profile Reports - Includes, assessment results, demographic data, Finance Report Card, Annual Progress Report, and Consolidated School Improvement Plan.
- Annual Progress Reports (APR) AEA
The Iowa Department of Education provides regular updates and briefings during the Iowa legislative session on bills related to education in Iowa. Information about new bills, including names, numbers, content, sponsors and status in the legislative process are provided.