Iowa Council for Early ACCESS (ICEA) and ICEA Executive Committee
On this page...
Iowa Council for Early ACCESS (ICEA)
ICEA advises and assists the Iowa Department of Education in the planning, coordination, and delivery of services to infants and toddlers with special needs and their families. The Council currently has 25 members, including members from the signatory agencies. The signatory agencies (the Department of Education as the lead agency, the Department of Public Health, the Department of Human Services, and Child Health Specialty Clinics) are the agencies in Iowa that form the foundation of the coordinated statewide interagency system.
The membership of the Council consists of families and representatives of the public and private sectors who, by virtue of their position, interest, and training can contribute to the quality of services provided to infants and toddlers with special needs and their families. Meetings are open and accessible to the public
Council membership is:
- Appointed by the Governor's Office;
- Organized according to the Federal law, meeting guidelines for its composition of 20% parents and 20% public and private providers of early intervention service. Other required members include personnel preparation, state legislator, state preschool programs, health insurance, Head Start, state child care agency, and other state agencies;
- Balanced according to State law in regard to geographic region, political party and gender;
- Appointed for a three-year term, not to exceed two consecutive terms.
ICEA Meeting Dates and Minutes
May 15, 2015
January 16, 2015
November 21, 2014
September 19, 2014
May 16, 2014
January 17, 2014
ICEA Executive Committee
ICEA Executive Committee is a committee of the Iowa Council for Early ACCESS (ICEA). Members include the ICEA Chairperson, the Vice-Chairperson, at least two Council members (one of whom is a parent), and Council representatives from each of the signatory agencies. The Council elects the members who will serve on the Executive Committee. The Early ACCESS State Coordinator is an ex-officio member of the Committee. Meetings are open and accessible to the public (see ICEA Executive Committee Calendar and Agenda below).
Functions of the Executive Committee include:
- Transact all regular business of the Council during the meetings subject to review and change by the Council at its next regular meeting except that such revision and alterations shall not violate the rights of third parties;
- Receive and filter information regarding the Iowa IDEA Part C system of services and prepare it for Council response;
- Set the framework, calendar, and agenda for the Council;
- Identify and make recommendations for the appropriate utilization of state resources as well as resources outside the purview of the state;
- Move the recommendations of the Council to implementation with the assistance of staff;
- Set priorities for the Early ACCESS state staff;
- Advise and assist the lead and signatory agencies in the implementation of the interagency agreement.
ICEA Executive Committee Meetings Dates and Minutes
April 15, 2015
December 17, 2014
October 15, 2014
August 14, 2014
April 16, 2014
February 19, 2014