Skip to Content

When a student moves from one school district to a different school district, does the assistive technology device that was purchased by district A follow the student to district B?


Since district A owns the device, it may keep the device for use by other students or may follow the procedures outlined in Iowa Code section 297.22 to sell or transfer the device to district B.  District B will continue to account for the device as purchased with special education funding and, if application, with federal funding.  Any proceeds realized by district A on the sale or disposition of the device must be used for the special education program in district A.

Printed from the Iowa Department of Education website on July 23, 2016 at 5:19am.