Skip to Content

What is the “Junior/Senior rule?”


The Junior/Senior Rule allows 11th and 12th grade students that move out of a district to return to the district that he/she attended during the preceding school year, tuition-free, until they graduate even though they are no longer residents of the district. These students do not have to file open enrollment. This does not apply to students that move out of state. Iowa Code section 257.6(d)

Printed from the Iowa Department of Education website on December 01, 2015 at 7:07am.