Skip to Content

What if a center does not want to claim infant meals?


All children in the center must be enrolled in the CACFP, and parents of infants must be offered center-provided formula and foods. A center does not have to claim the meals, but they are missing reimbursement if they do not. DHS already requires that the center follow CACFP meal pattern requirements, record what infants eat on the daily infant report and to maintain attendance records, so most records required by CACFP should already be available. The only additional record required is the infant's meal participation, which requires minimal effort.

FAQ Category: 

Printed from the Iowa Department of Education website on June 25, 2017 at 6:34am.