Skip to Content

What is the difference between dual enrollment and a home school assistance program?


If a child is dually enrolled, s/he may participate in all academic and extracurricular activities offered at the district on the same basis as a regularly enrolled child. A child enrolled in a HSAP must also dually enroll to participate in academic and extracurricular activities. A child who is dually enrolled is required to complete an annual assessment (via standardized test or portfolio evaluation) to show that s/he is making adequate progress, unless the child is working with a licensed instructor. A HSAP must provide a properly licensed instructor, so children enrolled in a HSAP are not required to be assessed annually. Iowa Code section 299A.8; 281 IAC r. 31.5(5).

Printed from the Iowa Department of Education website on May 25, 2018 at 3:52am.