Skip to Content

What authority is there for a district to use its own buses to transport students to extracurricular events?


If the local board recognizes a student program as part of the district's regular or extracurricular program, and if the students to be transported are enrolled in the district, this transportation is authorized by Iowa Code -- 285.11(6) and 281 Iowa Administrative Code 43.10.

FAQ Category: 

Printed from the Iowa Department of Education website on May 23, 2018 at 5:42pm.