Skip to Content

May a student who receives competent private instruction (CPI) take advantage of open enrollment?


Yes. Parents must complete an application form that is available in the central office of Iowa school districts. The form is also available via the Department’s website. The completed form must be filed with both the resident and receiving district by March 1 of the year preceding the school year for which open enrollment is desired. 281-17.3(2) If the district of residence has a voluntary desegregation plan, the application should only be filed with the district of residence.

Printed from the Iowa Department of Education website on November 25, 2015 at 2:42pm.