Skip to Content

May a student who is presently open enrolled into one receiving district change enrollment to a different receiving district?


Yes. In such a case, the parent / guardian files an OE application with the district the student is currently attending (receiving district) and the district the student wants to attend (alternate receiving district).  The new district (alternate receiving district) will notify the parents of acceptance or denial. The due date for application is March 1 unless there is a circumstance that constitutes good cause (see #10 for explanation of good cause).

FAQ Category: 

Printed from the Iowa Department of Education website on April 17, 2014 at 7:07am.