Skip to Content

May an open enrolled student return to the district of residence?


Yes. A pupil that is open enrolled may return to the district of residence, and enroll, at any time (unless under suspension or expulsion). The parent or guardian must notify the district of residence and the receiving district in writing of the decision to enroll the pupil in the district of residence. A 90-day period of athletic ineligibility accompanies the transfer from district to another.

FAQ Category: 

Printed from the Iowa Department of Education website on April 20, 2014 at 9:39pm.