Skip to Content

May a child who has been identified as requiring special education programs or services receive CPI?


Yes, if the special education director of the AEA in which the child resides gives prior written approval to the parent/guardian. This approval is not required if the child's parent, guardian, or legal or actual custodian, does not consent to initial evaluation or to re-evaluation of the child for receipt of special education services or programs. Iowa Code section 299A.9; 281 IAC r. 31.10.

Printed from the Iowa Department of Education website on April 21, 2018 at 12:07pm.