Skip to Content

If transportation is part of a student’s IEP, must the receiving district provide transportation for a special education student?


If transportation is a related service on a child’s IEP and the child’s parents open enroll the child to another district, the parents waive transportation as a related service. Districts may elect to provide it, but are not required to provide it. Special Education Rule 41.412(6).

Printed from the Iowa Department of Education website on November 26, 2015 at 5:47am.