Skip to Content

Do we need to have menus for older infant meals (8-11 mo.) when the parent chooses to provide all of the food and formula and we are therefore not able to claim the meals?


You still need to record foods that infants ate on the daily infant report to comply with DHS rules. In addition, the infant must be enrolled in CACFP and a form must be on file documenting that the formula and food were offered. However, if the parent chooses to provide all the food at this stage, the center may not claim the meal and a menu is not needed for CACFP.

FAQ Category: 

Printed from the Iowa Department of Education website on June 27, 2017 at 11:03am.