Skip to Content

Can we use the gifted and talented funding to pay for our Advanced Placement (AP) program?


No. Gifted funding is to be used to provide for identified student needs beyond the regular school program (curriculum offerings/options). AP courses are challenging courses, but they are not exclusive to identified gifted students. Rather the option to take AP courses is open to students at all ability levels, and therefore, would not be expended from the district's gifted and talented funding.

FAQ Category: 

Printed from the Iowa Department of Education website on July 24, 2016 at 8:08pm.