Skip to Content

Are children who receive CPI (Competent Private Instruction) exempt from the immunization requirements?


Only to the same extent that a regularly enrolled child is exempt, by filing a medical or religious exemption. To obtain the exemption form, call 888-398-9696 (toll-free) or 515-281-4938.

Iowa Code 641 IAC r. 7.3. (This is a Department of Public Health rule, not a Department of Education rule.)

Printed from the Iowa Department of Education website on April 25, 2018 at 6:35pm.