Practical Skills for Preparing Quality School Meals Workshop
Join us for a hands-on culinary workshop led by Chef Carlin Breining: http://www.chefcarlin.com/.
Learning objectives of the workshop:
- Understand the concept of serving quality meals and why quality meals are important.
- Understand the five step process for preparing quality school meals.
- Understand the importance of a work schedule when planning just-in-time service.
- Understand the importance of using a standardized recipe to prepare quality meals.
- Understand the importance of maintaining the integrity of the recipe.
- Identify the proper equipment needed to follow standardized recipes.
- Demonstrate proper knife skills.
- Understand the importance of a quality score card to assess quality standards are met.
Mileage reimbursement ($0.39/mile) and subpay (up to $100 is available).
Registration is limited to 25 participants.