CACFP Steps to Success - 03/04/14
The CACFP Steps to Success "Core Topics" workshop covers Menu Planning, Meal Counting and Claiming, Financial Reports, Online Claiming, Supervision and Training, Civil Rights, Preparing for a Review, and Recordkeeping Requirements and Steps for New Organizations.
Cost: There is no charge for the workshops.
ICN Locations (subject to change):
- Des Moines - Ola Babcock Miller Bldg, State Library
- Aurelia High School
- Calmar South Winn High School
- Council Bluffs - Lewis Central Middle School
Denison High School
DeWitt Central High School
Marion Independent School
Mason City NIACC
- Waterloo Central Middle School
8:15-9:35 - Menu Planning - CACFP meal patterns, creditable foods, menu planning, and meal service styles. Reference: Chapter 2.
9:35-10:45 - Meal Counting and Claiming - How to compile a claim for reimbursement. Reference: Chapter 4.
11:15-11:25 - Online Claiming - How to submit claims online. Reference: Chapter 6
11:25-11:40 - Supervision and Training - Organization responsibilities for staff supervision and CACFP training requirements. Ref: Chapter 7
11:40-12:00 - Civil Rights. Reference: Chapter 8
12:00-12:15 - Preparing for a Review. Reference: Chapter 9
12:15-12:30 - Recordkeeping Requirements and Steps for New Organizations. Reference: Chapter 10
The day of the workshop: Plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the workshop.
The room temperature varies from one ICN site to another. We suggest dressing in layers of clothing so you can adjust for your comfort. If you have problems seeing or hearing at your site, contact the ICN staff in the building at your site.
Your responsibilities as a workshop participant: You are responsible for learning your organization's CACFP responsibilities and for sharing the requirements with board members and staff when you return to your organization.
Individual ICN sites are generally not monitored by a consultant from the Department of Education. To make everyone's experience more productive and enjoyable we ask that you carefully read and follow these expectations for personal conduct:
- Practice common courtesy.
- Do not carry on side conversations during the presentations. This makes it difficult for others to hear.
- Turn your cell phone on silent; do not play games on your cell phone.
- Do not talk on the cell phone in the classroom during the workshop.
- Do not leave in the middle of a presentation, except for an emergency.
- Pay attention so you do not have to ask a question that has already been covered by the material presented.
- Conduct will be monitored by checking your ICN site visually, from evaluations, and by complaints received.
You will need to go online at http://ilopd.iowa.gov/login/index.php and successfully complete an open-book test over each module with a score of 80% or higher in order to receive a certificate.