Best Practices in Social Studies Institute
- Date: June 20-21, 2018 (registration deadline: June 1)
- Location: State Historical Museum/ Grand View University in Des Moines (exact locations to be shared at a later date)
- Featured Speaker: Dr. Tina Heafner, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Registration is now open for the 2018 Best Practices in Social Studies Institute. This year's institute will focus on best practices in content, instruction and assessment in relation to implementing Iowa's new social studies standards. As always, this institute is free and open to any pre-service teacher, K-12 teacher, or to those who support social studies teachers.
This year's institute will use the following format. When registering, participants will select to attend the elementary or secondary strand.
- June 20 - Breakout sessions
- June 21 - All-day workshop with Dr. Tina Heafner
- June 20 - All-day workshop with Dr. Tina Heafner
- June 21 - Breakout sessions
- Draft Agenda
- 2018 Best Practices in Social Studies Institute Flyer
- Dr. Tina Heafner Biography
- License renewal credit will be available.