2017-18 School Food Service Regional Procurement Training - Guthrie Center
This training is for individual(s) responsible for school food service purchasing. Individual(s) can include Superintendents, Business Officials, Principals, School Nutrition Directors/Head Cooks, and any School Food Authority (SFA) staff or contracted agent responsible for making school food service purchasing decisions including developing, issuing, and evaluating sealed bids and proposals and managing contracts with food distributors, local businesses, school food service equipment and repair vendors, and local produce vendors/farmers.
Members of a Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) are responsible for monitoring procurement requirements. Attendance at this training is appropriate for all SFAs who sign an agreement with a GPO.
Procurement procedures are a key focus for USDA. The procurement review will be conducted during the program Administrative Review (AR). The procurement review will focus on procurement practices and documents for SY 2016-2017.
This training will cover the following topics:
- Overview of the Iowa NSLP local procurement review tool and procurement documents the SFA will complete and submit for an Administrative Review (AR).
- Technical assistance to start and complete the school food service written procurement plan for SY 2017-2018.
- Buy American requirement and monitoring compliance, as well as, documentation for purchase of non-domestic commodities.
- Monitoring contracts and vendor invoices to ensure contract terms and conditions are met, and
- Review of the Bureau resources including a Procurement plan and Code of Conduct template and the 3 Bids and a Buy (small purchase) document.
The regional trainings are open to all districts, Residential Child Care Institutions(RCCIs), and non-public schools. However, if a training site is over-capacity, priority will be given to those with an AR scheduled in the upcoming school year.