Electronic Transcript and Student Record Project
All districts are able to utilize some features of the ITC (Iowa Transcript Center). To sign up for ITC download, complete and return the following electronic registration form.
Is your district or school registered to participate?
Do you need a refresher course on the process?
Do you have new administrators who need to know more about ITC?
Are you a community college and interested in sending transcripts?
Are you aware that all public districts must upload all 9-12 grade students to ITC at the end of the 2011-2012 academic year?
For an introduction to, a review of, or renewal experience with the Iowa Transcript Center, you can view these pre-recorded training/review webinars.
The webinars will provide information about:
- Accessing ITC via the portal
- Uploading student records from extracts
- Creating and maintaining user accounts
- Sending transcripts and records
- Requesting student records and transcripts
- Utilizing student ordering
- Fulfilling incoming requests
- Accepting new records
All public schools must register and participate before the end of the 2011-2012 school year. Currently, Iowa has 253 public school districts and 59 nonpublic accredited schools registered to use the Iowa Transcript Center. Iowa community colleges as well as Iowa State University, University of Iowa, and University of Northern Iowa can now receive transcripts and have expressed an interest in becoming senders as well.
ITC a valuable tool that is available now to all public and nonpublic accredited Iowa institutions.
Setting up JMC for ITC - This presentation walks through the simple process of setting up JMC for the ITC and demonstrate how to create an extract.
In 2009, the Iowa Department of Education received an $8.8 million Statewide Longitudinal Data System (SLDS) Grant from the U.S. Department of Education's Institute of Education Sciences. The grant is for five years. A portion of these funds are being used to develop an electronic transcript and student record system for quick transfer of student data.
Statewide Longitudinal Data System Update (2011-08-02)
The electronic transcript and student record project will facilitate the electronic transfer of:
- high school transcripts to postsecondary institutions
- postsecondary transcripts from one postsecondary institution to another
- K-12 student records from one Iowa school district to another
The Iowa Transcript Center (ITC) will facilitate the data flow from one education entity to another. Participation is open to all Iowa public and nonpublic K-12 schools and postsecondary institutions.
For more information, see the following documents:
- High School Transcript Data Element List
- High School Transcript PDF
- Public High School Cost Information
DE Contact person by SIS Software Vendor
- Administrators Plus, Rachel Kruse, email@example.com or 515-281-4153
- Infinite Campus, Jay Pennington, firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-281-4837
- JMC, Rachel Kruse, email@example.com or 515-281-4153
- Pinnacle, Carla Schimelfenig, firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-281-3111
- PowerSchool, Carla Schimelfenig, email@example.com or 515-281-3111
- School Matrix, Rachel Kruse, firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-281-4153