Student Reporting in Iowa
On this page...
Student Reporting in Iowa (SRI) is the Iowa Department of Education's (Department) initiative involving the transfer of individual student records. The mission of the project is to reduce data burden and encourage better decision-making by establishing and maintaining a cost-effective method of accessing and transferring accurate and timely education information among school districts, postsecondary institutions and the Department.
Underlying principles of the project include a commitment toward reduction of paper-based state reporting, building on existing technologies available to schools, a commitment toward the elimination of paper-based college transcripts, the adoption of a common basis for facilitating meaningful information exchange, and greater security of confidential student information.
Dates to Remember
- April 5: Cedar Connect opens for snapshotting (public and nonpublic)
- April 15: Spring SRI test site opens (public and nonpublic)
- May 3: Assessment Accountability site opens (public only)
- June 23: Spring SRI certification deadline (public and nonpublic)
- June 24: Assessment Accountability deadline (public only)
- July 1: Graduate Verification (public and nonpublic)
- July 1: Non-fall Supplementary Weighting open for review (public only)
Course Coding and Supplementary Weighting
Information for Vendors
Student Information System (SIS) vendors are asked to participate in the Department's Vendor Certification Process to ensure that school districts using their SIS may fully participate in SRI. During the certification process, SRI staff review the SIS to ensure that the software can achieve the following:
- Produce an extract using Department specified formats and codes
- Extract meets Department quality assurance standards through testing with predetermined outcomes
- Import the State Student IDs