Next Gen Personal Finance Payback Challenge
Next Gen Personal Finance is offering a contest with a game called PLAYBACK that could win students and schools big prizes. The deadline to register is midnight on March 23. Check out the following four steps:
- Teachers Register Intent: Complete the short (1minute) form to reserve your spot. With the PAYBACK Challenge, it is limited to the first 2,500 educators who express an interest in nominating a student essay. Sign up today.
- Students Play PAYBACK: In Class Option: A single game-play takes 15-20 minutes, but you may also use a full 50-minute period by playing the game twice. Teachers: You can also use this corresponding classroom activity to support your students as they play the game. At Home Option: Your students can play the game at home, too.
- Students Write Short Essay: Use the Essay Template to collect 250 word essays that respond to the writing prompt: How could you use the online game, PAYBACK, to have a conversation with your parent/guardian about paying for college?
- Teacher Nominates and Submits ONE student essay: You will receive an email with instructions on how to send in nominations after you register (see Step 1).
Oh, and about the money...over $150,000 in cash prizes are available (and yes, there are Educator awards available, too!) and each state will be represented on the podium!
- National Grand Prize Winners: 10 at $5,000 each
- Honorable Mention Awards: 150 at $500 each
- A minimum of 2 student essays from each of the 50 states + District of Columbia
- Educator Awards: The educators who nominated the Honorable Mention and National Grand Prize Winners will each receive $200 for classroom projects.
- Nominator Awards: All educators who nominate a student will be entered into a drawing. Twenty names will be drawn with each receiving $100 for classroom projects.