Director Buck announces members of the Secondary Career and Technical Education Task Force
Iowa Department of Education Director Brad Buck today announced the 26 Iowans who will serve on a state task force that will make recommendations to reduce skill shortages, enhance economic growth, and ensure that all students have access to high-quality, globally competitive career and technical education programs.
The Secondary Career and Technical Education Task Force was established this year as part of House File 604.
The task force will meet for the first time on Thursday, Dec. 19. The meeting will be held from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the Cedar Room of the Culinary Arts/Conference Center (Building 7) on the Des Moines Area Community College’s Ankeny campus.
For more information on state commissions and task forces established by state legislators during the 2013 session, visit the Iowa Department of Education’s website.
Members of Secondary Career and Technical Education Task Force are as follows:
- Karrie Abbott, Vice President of Community Impact, United Way of the Quad Cities Area, Davenport
- Mary Bontrager, Executive Vice President, Workforce Development/Education, Greater Des Moines Partnership, Des Moines
- Matt Bruinekool, Educational Consultant, Master Builders of Iowa, Des Moines
- Josh Byrnes, State Representative, Osage*
- Mark Chelgren, State Senator, Ottumwa*
- Tom Cooley, Administrative Consultant, Iowa Department of Education*
- Nicole Crain, Vice President, Government Relations, Association of Business and Industry, Des Moines
- Greg Dufoe, Superintendent, Adel-Desoto-Minburn Community School District, Adel
- Chris Duree, Chancellor, Iowa Valley Community College District, Marshalltown
- Murray Fenn, Consultant, Green Hills Area Education Agency, Council Bluffs
- Scott Fortune, Iowa Association of School Boards, Des Moines
- Jerry Kearns, State Representative, Keokuk*
- Gail Kotval, Iowa Innovation Council Program Manager, Iowa Economic Development Authority, Des Moines*
- Dana Lampe, President, Iowa Association of Career and Technical Education, Marion
- D.T. Magee, Executive Director, Iowa Board of Educational Examiners, Des Moines*
- Randy Mead, Executive Dean of Program Development, Des Moines Area Community College, Ankeny
- Kathy Nacos-Burds, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Northeast Community College, Calmar
- Julie Rosin, Assistant Director, Central Campus, Des Moines
- Vicky Rossander, Executive Board Member, Iowa State Education Association, Des Moines
- Ken Sager, President, Iowa Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO, Des Moines
- Brian Schoenjahn, State Senator, Arlington*
- Elliott Smith, Executive Director, Iowa Business Council, Des Moines
- Lisa Stange, FCEDS Program Coordinator, Iowa State University, Ames
- Jeremy Varner, Division Administrator, Iowa Department of Education, Des Moines
- Ed Wallace, Deputy Director, Iowa Workforce Development, Des Moines*
- Jeff Weld, Executive Director, Governor’s STEM Advisory Council, Des Moines*