Intermediary Network (Statewide Work-Based Learning Intermediary Network)
The Iowa Department of Education (DE) was appropriated $1.45 million for the development and implementation of a statewide network comprised of fifteen regional work-based learning intermediary networks. These service regions are defined as the community college regions. These networks will prepare students for the workforce by connecting business and the education system by offering relevant, work-based learning activities to students and teachers, particularly related to science, technology, engineering, or mathematics occupations, occupations related to critical infrastructure and commercial and residential construction, or the targeted industries of advanced manufacturing, biosciences, and information technology.
The purpose of the program shall be to prepare students for the workforce by connecting business and the education system and offering relevant, work-based learning activities to students and teachers. The program shall:
- Better prepare students to make informed postsecondary education and career decisions.
- Provide communication and coordination in order to build and sustain relationships between employers and local youth, the education systems, and the community at large.
- Provide a one-stop contact point for information useful to both educators and employers, including information on internships, job shadowing experiences, and other workplace learning opportunities for students, particularly related to science, technology, engineering, or mathematics occupations, occupations related to critical infrastructure and commercial and residential construction, or targeted industries as defined in section 15.102.
- Integrate services provided through the program with other career exploration-related activities such as the student core curriculum plan and the career information and decision-making system developed and administered under section 279.61, where appropriate.
- Facilitate the attainment of portable credentials of value to employers such as the national career readiness certificate, where appropriate.
- Develop work-based capacity with employers.
- Provide core services, which may include student job shadowing, student internships, and teacher or student tours.
Regional Intermediary Networks
|Northeast Iowa Community College||Northeast Iowa Career Learning Link|
|North Iowa Area Community College||NIACC Career Connections|
|Iowa Lakes Community College||Connect @ Iowa Lakes|
|Northwest Iowa Community College||NCC Workplace Learning Connection|
|Iowa Central Community College||IC Career Connections|
|Iowa Valley Community College||Youth Career Connections|
|Hawkeye Community College||Cedar Valley Career Connections
Cedar Valley West
|Eastern Iowa Community College||QC Career Connections|
|Kirkwood Community College||Workplace Learning Connection|
|Des Moines Area Community College||Career Discovery Network|
|Western Iowa Tech Community College||WIN (Western Iowa Tech Intermediary Network)|
|Iowa Western Community College||IWCC Intermediary Network|
|Southwestern Community College||Southwestern's Workplace Learning Network|
|Indian Hills Community College||Get Connected!|
|Southeastern Community College||The Link|