If a student is physically confined or detained in a portion of a school facility, the following conditions shall be observed:
- The area of confinement shall be of reasonable dimensions;
- There shall be sufficient light and adequate ventilation for human habitation;
- A comfortable temperature shall be maintained;
- Reasonable break periods shall be afforded to a student to attend to bodily needs (sleep is not considered a "bodily need" under this rule);
- The period of detention or confinement is reasonable and not in excess of the hours in a school day, provided that reasonable periods of before- and after-school detention are permissible;
- Adequate adult supervision is provided;
- Material restraints applied to the person are not used to effect confinement.
281 IAC rule 103.6.