A Leadership Team should be established to help plan for and implement the Iowa Core. The purposes of this team are:
- Help organize and design the Iowa Core Curriculum Implementation Plan.
- Engage in participative decision making - a democratic decision-making process for keeping teachers and administrators involved and informed in all the Iowa Core processes.
- Help school leaders sustain a focus on instruction. conduct alignment work, review instructional practices. and plan and sustain professional development functions.
- Distribute leadership and responsibility up and down the organization.
- Work with the Teacher Quality Committee to facilitate communication and collaboration.
- Facilitates communication about decisions made and status of work to plan and implement the Iowa Core.
The purpose of the Teacher Quality Committee is to study and make recommendations (monitor) about professional development and procedures pertaining to the Teacher Quality Program. For guidance pertaining to the Teacher Quality Committee and the Iowa Core, see Teacher Quality Guidance Letter, July 23, 2008.