A network made up of area education agency (AEA) consultants and representatives of the Urban Eight Network has been organized to deliver the training and facilitation needed by schools to conduct the following actions critical to the successful implementation of the Iowa Core:
- Aligning the curriculum content to the Iowa Core;
- Supporting improvements in instruction in areas all content areas;
- Identifying consistent practices and processes to ensure the successful implementation of the Iowa Core;
- Providing the structures and tools to enable schools to put the Iowa Core in place; and
- Disseminating information, technical assistance, and tools.