Guidelines for PK-12 Competency-based Pathways - Includes principles, definitions, examples, and resources for districts and schools getting started with competency-based pathways.
Senate File 2284 provides for competency-based pathways for Iowa students at all levels of education without the need for a waiver. A statewide Task Force on Competency-based Education, as outlined in SF 2284, is currently working on:
- redefining credit as competency rather than Carnegie unit,
- professional development for educators,
- learning plans and templates,
- accountability and assessment, and
- the use of technology to enhance this work.