Research consistently points to the teacher as the single most important ingredient in a student’s success at school.
But it is the administrator whose leadership, vision and courage elevate an entire school or district to greatness.
The Iowa Department of Education salutes the six Iowans who were recognized May 9 as the state’s Administrators of the Year. The annual program is sponsored by the School Administrators of Iowa.
The winners are:
- Superintendent - Katie Mulholland, Linn-Mar Community School District
- Assistant Secondary Principal - Bev Kuehn, Parkview Middle School, Ankeny Community School District
- Secondary Principal - Jimmy Casas, Bettendorf High School, Bettendorf Community School District
- Middle Level Principal - David Welter, Holmes Junior High, Cedar Falls Community School District
- Elementary Principal - Mike Swartzendruber, Rock Run Elementary, Iowa Falls Community School District
- Central Office Administrator - Mark Crady, Norwalk Community School District
"The outstanding leaders recognized by the School Administrators of Iowa are critical in moving Iowa’s education system forward," Iowa Department of Education Director Jason Glass said.
Director Glass joined SAI Executive Director Dan Smith and SAI President Angela Huseman, as well as Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds, at the event.
Read more about the awards here.