- Iowa Core Mathematics (.pdf)
- Iowa Core Mathematics (.doc)
- Iowa Core Mathematics with DOK (.pdf)
- Iowa Core Mathematics with DOK (.doc)
Resources to support Iowa Core Mathematics
Standards in this domain:
Create equations that describe numbers or relationships.
- A-CED.1. Create equations and inequalities in one variable and use them to solve problems. Include equations arising from linear and quadratic functions, and simple rational and exponential functions.
- A-CED.2. Create equations in two or more variables to represent relationships between quantities; graph equations on coordinate axes with labels and scales.
- A-CED.3. Represent constraints by equations or inequalities, and by systems of equations and/or inequalities, and interpret solutions as viable or nonviable options in a modeling context. For example, represent inequalities describing nutritional and cost constraints on combinations of different foods.
- A-CED.4. Rearrange formulas to highlight a quantity of interest, using the same reasoning as in solving equations. For example, rearrange Ohm’s law V = IR to highlight resistance R.