This online training module includes nine lessons that provide information about the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. The lessons explain how the Dietary Guidelines for Americans apply to work in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), includes best practice examples, and provides helpful resources. A certificate for 4 hours of continuing education in CDA content area: Planning a Safe, Healthy Learning Environment is awarded upon completion of all lessons. This training module was developed through a Team Nutrition Grant.
How Do I Access the Online Learning Module?
You will first need to create an account with the Iowa Learning Online "Moodle" system.
Instructions for creating an account for the online course:
- Go to http://ilopd.iowa.gov/login/index.php
- On the right side of the page (under "Is this your first time here?"), click the "Create new account" button
- Enter information for your account. Note that the first and last name you enter in this form will be used to create your certificate of completion in the course. You will need a valid email address to access this course and to receive related notifications. Click submit.
- A confirmation message will be sent to you email system. Click the link in this email to activate your new account.
Instructions for accessing the course the first time:
- Once you have confirmed your new account, go to http://ilopd.iowa.gov/ and click on the "Login" link at the top-right side of the page.
- On the left side of this page (under "Returning to this web site?"), enter the username and password you created in the steps above.
- In the "My courses" list, click on the "CACFP Healthy Menu Makeovers" course.
- Enter "wholegrains" as the enrollment key, and click the "Enroll me in the course" button.
- You are now enrolled in the course. The next time you log in to the system, this course will automatically associated with your account.
Click Here for course description and learning objectives.
Completion of all 9 lessons with 80% score on final menu makeover results in a certificate for 4 hours of continuing education in CDA content area: Planning a Safe, Healthy Learning Environment.
The following document provides additional information.